So, I started thinking of places I’d like to go. In no particular order, here is my list. I wish I was in…
1. Key West. This has long been a dream of mine, to drive from RI to Key West, avoiding the Interstates. On the way south, I’d like to see Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA. Our current vehicle has about 204,000 miles on it, so this isn’t likely to happen anytime soon, but I’d love to make this drive.
2. California. Another driving trip, this one would be RI to Chicago, then following as much of the old Rt. 66 as we could. I’d love to see the country and the cheesy tourist traps along the way. There’s another cross-country route (I believe it’s Rt. 50) that goes from Maryland to California. I’d like to do that one as well.
3. South Dakota. I’m dying to see Mount Rushmore. More than that, I’d like to rent a Harley when I get there. The Black Hills are supposed to be amazing to ride through.
4. New Orleans. Just to say I’ve been.
5. Orlando. Okay, this one is on my list even though we’ve been there several times (including Universal), but I really want to see The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. And, as long as we’re in central Florida, we might as well pop over to Disney for a week or two, right?
6. Montana. This could be part of the Mt. Rushmore trip, but the words “Big Sky” have intrigued me ever since I was a little kid. Maybe because I grew up in Rhode Island, but I’d love to spend a night outdoors where you can actually see more than the Big Dipper and Orion.
7. Paris. I have to visit The Louvre.
8. Rome. The Vatican, The Coliseum, etc.
9. The Bahamas. Specifically, a place called Atlantis. Every time I see the commercial, I drool a little bit.
10. The Dominican Republic. I’ve had the good fortune to meet several people from the DR and they’re all among the nicest people I know, which makes me think it would be a nice place to visit.
So that’s my list, off the top of my head. How about you? Is there any place you’re dying (or planning) to go? Have you been to some on my list? If so, what did you think of them? Comments are always welcome.